PAWS Leadership Program
Positive Actions Will Shine!
Developing a safe, secure, and nurturing learning environment is a responsibility that requires the participation of all members in our community. Students, teachers, staff, administrators, and parents must work together to foster a culture that is sensitive to the needs of all students and inclusive of the uniqueness of individuals. The Administrative Team and staff of Adelphia School work in a highly collaborative manner to foster the intellectual, social, and emotional growth of our young learners. This is accomplished by approaching character education in a unique manner. Throughout the school year, we design activities that provide our students with varied opportunities to learn how to:
- successfully and proactively deal with stress and conflict before it becomes a bullying situation,
- resourcefully problem solve in academic and social situations to foster the application of emotional intelligence skills,
- comfortably explore their interests and passions so they understand their uniqueness is something to be cherished and celebrated,
- creatively recognize and support growth on all levels of development (intellectual, social, emotional).
By taking time to instruct our students through creative experiences, we build resiliency and empower them with critical life skills to be successful in any endeavor they choose to pursue. The P.A.W.S/Leader in Me program enables us to embrace the shared values of our school family and helps us to instill in our students these critical socialization competencies. Our program cultivates the youngest citizens in Howell Township into caring, independent, responsible human beings that successfully and actively participate in a diverse, global community where their positive actions will shine!
P.A.W.S. LEADERSHIP ACTIVITIES
- P.A.W.S Book of the Month
- Red Ribbon Awareness/Respect Month
- Guidance Programs/Lessons
- Monthly Leadership Habit
- Leader in Me Workbooks
- P.A.W.S. CouPAWNs
- Top Tiger
- Morning Announcements, Quotes, Word of the month
- P.A.W.S. Leadership Assembly
- P.A.W.S. Breakfast
- Family Challenges
- Community Involvement
- Food Drives
- World Day of Cultural Diversity