Welcome to Occupational Therapy!
What is School-Based Occupational Therapy?
- Helps a student to fulfill his/her role as a student by supporting his/her academic achievement and promoting positive behaviors necessary for learning
- Addresses a student's functional limitations that are impacting his/her ability to effectively participate in academic-related activities
- Focuses on improving skills in order for a student to access the curriculum and school environment
- Supports a student in reaching his/her curriculum-based goals
- Supports academic, behavioral, and functional performance